"Self" realises...

I am smiling while pondering upon the whole episode of not following my father's advice while finalizing my visiting card design.  (I guess like all elders), he also claims that we elders have more experience than you. After few minutes discussion, I finalized my creative version of visiting card and asked the printer friend to print. While doing so, I had ignored the dads advice of keeping bigger fonts for "contact details" as it is of prime importance, as my mind had focused on 'my created aesthetics' rather than technical aspects...
...When I saw the  printed visiting cards, I was happy they turned out well, however, I realized that I did wrong to ignore dads advice of increasing font size....I was like, yeah if I had agreed upon your advice, it would have been more beautiful...

On my own, I "learnt" not to use this size fonts next in visiting card.....

....the very moment, I wondered this was a very simple small routine activity which I experienced on my own. However, I feel what if elder community can share their life lessons and still allow the younger community to explore the world on their own, the "self" grows and "self" enriches....Self realization of small - big experiences makes us confident and allows us to enrich our own selves...I dont say to ignore the experiences of our elders, I dont say to not pay focus on what they say, but when the elder folks simply reject our ideas and our thought processes in complete way, rebel and revolt starts... I always believed that dialogue between both should happen, let the experience meet innocent and innovative ideas and let both sail together in the same boat....We know with digital tools, families are considered as super smart and super intelligent, but the gap between generations in a family at times keeps away from creating soul connections.....(an observation) 

I guess, we all have similar stories of realizing a particular lesson on our own and our self realizes way far beyond... I have benefited professionally and personally in a tremendous way with my crazy family's advises and experiences, but believe me, the solo journey on the road of self realizations is yet another amazing experience...
because...
...we ourselves have generated the idea with full consciousness
...we ourselves have chose a different path with different level of enthusiasm
...we ourselves have to work hard on this path to prove ourself
and in the process of proving us, even if we fail...
...we make ourself responsible and we get a chance to face those challenges....

I believe it is amazing experience when self realizes...what is your say??

 Share your stories...





Comments

  1. Two take away points - always ask for a sample/ proof first before giving a final order for print outs - a simple printout on a page would have saved you from learning this in a expensive way - this lesson could haunt you for a long time (may be till you finish using up the cards).
    Taking the analogy ahead - don’t try to reinvent the wheel. You will end up wasting so much time, instead- try to make it better than it was handed to you. The words of advice from elders comes out of years of collective experience - their own as well as what they have learnt from others by observing, directly learning and what not.
    Just a rebellious attitude to ignore elders and do whatever comes to one’s mind is not at all wise in the long run... follow your instincts and enhance.
    Take example of phones - we evolved from basic to smart phones - instead of each generation trying to reinvent whole new method of communication...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, my “you” means to people including me in general. Don’t take it personally.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed! ignoring elders was not the point, point was to make them accept our ideas, but then ,lessons self learnt makes us believe that what elders say is with experience!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment